Saturday, April 24, 2010

For now....

I've been subbing two or three times a week for the last little while, and have enjoyed it, especially when I teach where my kids go to school. I have been learning a lot, and am really getting exited for when I have my own classroom. Thursday night, the secretary of the school where I student taught called me and asked me to sub for a 4th grade teacher who was 8 mo. pregnant and went in for a regular check up that night, ended up having her baby. She asked me to sub for the next day and for the rest of the year.  So - for now, I am teaching full time. She wasn't expecting to be out of school so soon, so I am doing lesson plans and everything. This will be a real test of my competence as a teacher and of my ability to keep up with things at home.  So - wish me luck! I'll definitely need it! :)

5 comments:

Keri said...

Good luck! I'm sure you will do fine. You have always performed well in anything you have put your heart into. This will be no different!

Andrea Bemis said...

Good Luck!!! I am sure you will do a fantastic job!!

Roxann said...

I have a very smart daughter!!!

Diana said...

You will do Great and you are so good with the kids!

The Bosh's said...

Thanks! YOu are all so nice and sweet! And I have a very smart mother! :)