
Yesterday I read Rules, by Cynthia Lord. It is such a cute book about a young girl trying to find her place in her world consisting of a sympathetic mother, workaholic father, and an autistic brother. The book gave a lot of insight into how disabilities are difficult for the people who have them and for the people they live with too. As a mother, I was so proud of Catherine, the main character, as she was able to show loyalty to her brother and become a great friend to others while looking past their differences. She learned alot about herself and gained confidence to do what she felt was right as she realized that she was a person of great importance. If your looking for a good read full of conflict and emotion, while showing you an example of how to deal with a disability, I would recommend this one!

2 comments:
I loved your book review! What a good idea. You are so clever...how do you get the picture of the book on the site? Also what age is the book for? I am going to give you the Danielle Steel book you gave me and have you read it and review it....actually you could probably review it before you read it but to get the complete enjoyment you must read......(after you read it you will know what I mean). Love ya...mom
Hi! It's 3 am and I read you entire blog! I miss you and can't wait to see you camping and smelling so good!
Post a Comment