Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School!


Another year of school has begun! It is with some mixed emotions that I sent the kids off to school today. We have had such a short, but perfect summer. I hate to see it end! And I miss the kids all day long!

Bryson is in the first grade this year! I love his teacher and he was very excited to get to go to school all day long. It feels like a long day for me! He is just so grown up! He is also excited to ride the bus. It leaves early - 7:30!, but so far, so good, nobody's been late yet!:) He is feeling much better - fully recovered. He told me that he has a lot of air in his throat now, so I think that the operation was a success!



Sierra is in the big fourth grade this year! I cannot believe that I am old enough to have an upper elementary student! She gets to earn real grades this year too! A definite increase of responsibility! No more "feel good" grades! She was excited to start school too. She was looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting some time away from her brother. She was so embarrassed that I made her stop to take this picture. She is sooooo grown up!




Jenika starts preschool next week. She is so very excited. Everyday she asks me if she has school "this day" or "the next day" and then we count the days until she does. She even got a back pack. It's "Hello Kitty" and it came with a purse. We got out Sierra's old clothes from kindergarten and they already fit Jenika perfectly. She is quite a bit taller than Sierra was! Cutler was sad that the kids were gone. He kept asking for "Bubu" and Wewa" all day. He just couldn't get up that early and see them off, so he didn't even know where they were! He was sure excited to see them come home though and now, after two days of school, he gets it! It's amazing how quick those kids catch on! It is sad to see the summer end, we will move on and embrace the new adventures and challenges that come with the coming semester!


Here are just a few of Jenika and Cutler. I didn't want them to feel left out!



3 comments:

Brett and Chelsey Bybee said...

Holy Crap your kids are the cutest ever!!! I love your pictures and your blog. I need to take some lessons! Mine is pretty weak. But I love all of you guys and miss you a ton!!! Give everyone a big hug and kiss and don't let them forget who there favorite aunt is!!!

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

hey Rachelle---How fun, first day of school pictures. They are adorable. I'm so proud to have such cute nieces and nephews. All because their mom is so hot!
love ya---casey

Roxann said...

I love, love, love the first day of school pictures! What adorable children you have and what a lucky Grandma I am. Sierra is soooo cute, looks like her mother only.....cuter if that is possible. Don't feel too old, you will never catch up with me.