Sunday, August 17, 2008

So...........Another big week gone by and so much to tell!:) We started the week off with a bang on Monday morning bright and early w/ Bryson getting surgery. He went in to get tubes in his ears (he had had some hearing loss and some ear pain) with a possible tonsillectomy. When the doctor got in there, he found that Bryson's adenoids were blocking about half of his airway and his tonsils were very infected so they took it all out! Needless to say, Bryson wasn't very happy about that, especially coming out of the operating room, but it was probably for the best. He is recovering slowly, but surly. He doesn't really want to eat anything and he doesn't talk much. (I hate to say it, but that part has been almost a relief!) Friday he had a reaction to his pain medication and got hives all over him. The worst thing about that was that we had to convince him to take some benedryl on top of the 2 medications he was already taking! He has probably lost 5-7 pounds, but I think that he is on the mend. Yesterday he ate waffles for breakfast and ice cream for lunch. Today (after church was over and he was safe from having to go, of coarse) he even tried a bowl of soggy cold cereal! It has been a long ordeal for him to go through, but I think he will be glad in the long run.:)


Yesterday, in an effort to get Bryson away from the TV and get a smile on his face, we went into IF to do some school shopping. The kids all got some clothes for school and while I was finishing up in a store, the kids and Shawn went outside to look at some yellow lab puppies for sale. Well, to make a long story short, they found another puppy a few yards away who was free to a good home. It was the last one of the litter and the owners didn't want to sit out in the sun any longer. Well, the vote was a strong 5 against me and I just couldn't hold my ground very well. She really was cute and the kids were all so excited to even think about it, so I caved and well, we are now the proud owners of "Milly" a three month old yellow lab.




It sure was refreshing to be able to get to church today. It has been about 3 weeks since we have been in our own ward, and last week we weren't able to even go at all, so I feel especially blessed today to be a member of such a great and wonderful church and to have a testimony of the Gospel. It is such a blessing to be able to have such wise council from the scriptures and from a prophet and then to be able to receive personal revelation and have my own conviction of the truthfulness of those teachings. Our family is so blessed with health and love and prosperity and we are even more blessed to know where those blessings come from so we know to whom we can send our gratitude.


2 comments:

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

Hello Rachelle---Bryson looks so happy! I love seeing the new pictures. Today I'm working and I'm feel homesick, but looking at these picutres brightens my day! love ya----Casey

Roxann said...

Hi Rachelle! I love the pictures and am glad Bryson is doing better. I love that you have a dog and I totally understand the being "outnumbered.