Saturday, January 3, 2009

Catching up......

So, I know it’s been a while since I updated, so here’s a summary of the goings ons of the Bosh’s for the last 4 weeks! I know it's kind of long, but I couldn't skip the Holidays, so....... you can skip it or skim if you want. :)

THANKSGIVING

We had a CRAZY Thanksgiving. I don't even have any pictures to show. Shawn had to work so we couldn't go to his mother's for the family party. So, we were supposed to have dinner at Mom's Wednesday night instead of Thanksgiving day, cause she had to work. We waited for Shawn to get off work, but his day was super busey, and just as we were heading to Poky, he got called back and had to work right through dinner. The kids and I had a great time thought! Thanks mom! I felt so bad for Shawn and we missed him terribly, but the next day, we went to Grandparents James' house and she had fixed us up a feast to remember, then we went over to Grandma Jackson's for games and more food. So Thanksgiving was saved and we had time to remember numerous blessings we are greatful for!

TWO MORE TO GO!!

I finally finished the semester with flare! I got straight A’s! See, kids, If you work hard, you can do it too! Thanks to my fam and my parents and sister and a few friends who helped out more than I can even say this last semester! Now I’ve got 2 more to go before I can say that I am a college graduate! Yea!!! I am not looking forward to the next semester, but we’ll work it out and get it done – somehow!

CHRISTMAS!!


I love Christmas, and this year was one of the best! Here’s what we did as far as Christmas Festivities this year:

Tuesday my Mom and Dad had their annual Christmas Eve Party. (It was early this year, because they left for Hawaii! on Christmas Day!) It was so much fun and the kids were so cute in the Christmas Story pageant. I love the Christmas story. I can’t ever get through it with out crying a little. My mom set up an awesome scavenger hunt/ race for the adults! We ran all over town chasing clues and even got in some service on the way. It was great! We topped the night off with presents for everyone! It was a perfect night and so great to spend time with everyone! I love my family!

Wednesday (Christmas Eve), we were lucky to have Chelsey come and spend the evening with us. We made our own pizzas for dinner and decorated cookies for Santa. Then we drove around to look and some really cool light displays around the area! Then we settled the kids in bed to dream of sugar plums and set up to play some card games, but everyone crashed and fell asleep before we could even get one in!

Thursday (Christmas Day) began with discovering that Santa thought that we had all been good this year. Jenika loved her twin dolls and named them Josi and Jessica, after her two favorite cousins. Cutler played basketball all day with his new hoop and Sierra and Bryson were pretty excited about their new electronics. Despite previous agreements, Shawn and I both were visited by Santa (We can’t help it). It snowed ALL day long and we were planning on visiting some grandparents, but we stayed home where it was safe and cozy instead! It was nice to just be together and enjoy each other!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Sounds like your holidays were fabulous!! Way to go on the straight A's there!!!

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

Rachelle: I even made the pictures:) your kids have cute pj's and i love your cookie making party. i can't wait to see your house again. i miss you!

Abby said...

Hey. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that you have such a cute family!

MyrLynn said...

Rachelle, you are in big trouble! You better plan on coming to my house and teaching me some things! Your blog is SOOOO Cute!